Archdiocese of Washington Parish Evangelization Grants
Advent, Christmas, Lent, and Easter are some of the biggest evangelizing moments we have all year, as people are more open to questions of faith and spiritual experiences during these seasons. Many of our churches are full for Christmas and Easter Masses, but the number of people at Mass drops off again by the following Sundays.
What can we do to keep people engaged?!
- Help those who haven’t been to church in years to take the first step in faith by joining us at Christmas Mass or Ash Wednesday.
- Invite people into a relationship with Jesus Christ and with our parish beyond Christmas Mass and after Easter with intentional programs, events, small groups, etc.
- Form and inspire our parishioners to live out their mission as evangelizers.
The Office of Evangelization invites your parish to request an evangelization grant of up to $1500 to support your parish outreach this Advent, Christmas, Lent, and Easter. We are excited to support efforts that:
- Invite people to Masses and events at the parish. (Christmas Mass, Easter Vigil, etc.)
- Invite people to engage or re-engage in their faith and in the life of the parish.
The Office of Evangelization invites your parish to request an evangelization grant to support your parish outreach this Advent and Christmas. Please review the grant requirements below and submit your project through the form on this page by December 1st, 2017. Any questions may be directed to Anthony Esser, Coordinator of Parish Evangelization, at [email protected] or 301-853-5347.
- Grant funds are being offered to parishes. Organizations affiliated with parishes may apply through their parish.
- Parishes may apply for one evangelization grant per parish up to $1500.
- Grants will be reviewed on a first-come first-served basis ending December 1st, 2017, or until grant funds are exhausted, whichever happens first.
- Proposed projects must have a distinctly invitational focus by carrying out one of the following invitations:
a. Invite people to Masses and events at the parish. (Christmas Mass, Easter Vigil, etc.)
Example ideas: Resources to hand out through in-public evangelization activities, caroling, and other activities which engage and invite the broader community (including printing of fliers, postcards, etc. which invite people from these activities to Christmas Masses or other events at the parish.)
b. Invite people to engage or re-engage in their faith and in the life of the parish.
Example ideas: Small groups/faith formation programs. Day retreats.
- The project must take place during this Advent through Easter.
- The project must have the approval of the pastor.
- Leaders or representatives of funded project teams will be requested to participate in periodic regional Parish Evangelization Leaders Meetings hosted by the Office of Evangelization. (Find upcoming Parish Evangelization Leaders Meeting at eventbrite.com.)
- Approved grant funds will be paid in full to the parish on approval of the application.